Dive into our online MBA in Accounting program
The MBA Accounting Concentration is designed to prepare managers and leaders to understand and use accounting information. These courses are designed to give MBA students the accounting knowledge they need to advance in their chosen profession. Consistent with other concentrations in the MBA program, there are no pre-requisite accounting courses needed to take courses in the MBA Accounting concentration. The MBA Accounting Concentration is not designed to prepare students to pass the CPA examination.
You will study management accounting tools and concepts, learn to interpret financial statements, gain an understanding of internal audit, and examine current regulation and compliance issues related to accounting—all 100 percent online.
Recent enrollees in the MBA accounting concentration had diverse backgrounds that included a neurosurgeon, engineer, biblical studies professor, Head Start program director, human resources administrator, sales executive and diversity officer for a nonprofit organization.
The Romain College of Business at the University of Southern Indiana is one of only 5 percent of business schools worldwide to earn this prestigious accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
MBA programs also available:
USI also offers multiple MBA concentrations online. Check out all our MBA online degree programs.
The Online MBA in a Few Words
Listen to successful graduates and students describe their experience in the USI online MBA program.
Choosing our online degree is cost-effective
USI is committed to providing an outstanding education that also is affordable. Tuition is structured to give our students the best value and flexibility.
*Tuition applicable for 2020 start dates and is subject to change. Any questions regarding tuition should be directed to the Bursar's Office. If you step out of the program, returning to the program may have different tuition and fees applied.
Application fee: $40
Active military service members and veterans receive an admission fee waiver. Simply apply online and select the "military waiver" option, then contact our office at 800-467-1965 so we may submit the proper forms to Graduate Studies.
Billing and Payment Schedule
The first step in applying for financial aid is to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Your FAFSA must be received by the federal processing center by April 15th each year to be considered for state financial aid as well as federal financial aid. USI's Federal School Code is 001808. You will need an FSA ID to electronically sign your FASFA. If you do not have an FSA ID, you may create one at StudentAid.gov.
Once you are admitted to the program and we receive your FAFSA, you can see the financial aid you qualify for and accept or decline your Direct Student Loan on your myUSI. For more information about tuition reimbursement or financial resources that may be available to you, visit our Student Financial Assistance page, access our Financial Aid FAQs, or contact us.
Student Financial Assistance Office
Local Phone: 812-464-1767
Toll Free Phone: 800-467-1965
Email: [email protected]
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (CDT)
Dates you need to know for this accounting degree
Now is the time to start earning your MBA online and take the fast track to a more successful career. USI provides you with the convenience of an accelerated application-to-start calendar.
|Session||Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline*||Drop Date|
Billing and Payment Schedule - Please visit https://www.usi.edu/bursar/bill-and-payment-schedule/
Have questions or need more information about our online programs?Request Info
Ready to take the next step toward earning your degree online from USI?Apply Now
Follow our streamlined MBA in Accounting admission requirements
The University of Southern Indiana's online MBA program has specific requirements that applicants must meet to enroll. Please read the admission guidelines to ensure you qualify.
- Undergraduate Degree
- GMAC ESA, GMAT or GRE
Applicants must meet the following criteria for admission to USI's MBA program:
- Completed bachelor's degree (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5) from an institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) or a comparable association.
- GMAT/GRE: Submission of GMAT/GRE scores is optional and not required for admission.
- For foreign-born applicants whose native spoken language is not English, official scores for Test of English as a Foreign Language exams (TOEFL Minimum score: 550 (paper-based); 79 (internet-based), or IELTS (Minimum score: 6.5), must be submitted to Graduate Studies along with an application unless a bachelor’s or higher degree from a United States institution of higher education has been obtained.
- Submit contact information for three professional references and upload an updated resume to the application account Application Account
- Submit the following documents via email to [email protected]:
- Electronic Transcript(s): The School of Graduate Studies requires every degree seeking applicant to submit an official transcript from the institution at which the highest degree was earned. Applicants must submit unofficial transcript(s) from all other institutions attended. USI transcripts do not need to be requested.
- Universities that are unable to send transcripts electronically can mail sealed transcripts to:
USI Graduate Studies
8600 University Blvd
Evansville, IN 47712
The degree plan for our online Master of Business Administration in Accounting program
To complete this MBA online program, students must complete 30 hours, including 21 hours of core coursework and 9 hours of concentration coursework.
"When I was in the MBA program, we actually looked into the logic and the qualitative aspects of, 'Okay, here's the math, but does this decision actually make sense?' As a business, there are always other factors, so that was really good for me."
– Stevie Lynch