Dr. Jeri Burger
Chair of RN Completion Program
"The BSN degree gives you a broader understanding of nursing and your patients. It provides you more career flexibility as it will allow you to move into leadership roles and positions outside of acute care."
- PhD in Nursing — Augustana College, 2005
- MSN — University of Minnesota, 1980
- BSN — Saint Louis University, 1975
- Worked many years in various areas of practice including medical-surgical nursing, intensive care, and acute psychiatric nursing 30 years of experience in nursing education in BSN and RN-BSN programs Gained tenure in 2011
- 30 years of experience in nursing education in BSN and RN-BSN programs
- Gained tenure in 2011
In which online program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Transition to Advanced Nursing, Interprofessional Perspectives on Global Health, and Clinical Synthesis
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy interacting with students and helping them understand new concepts. I enjoy developing new teaching methods and curriculum to enhance student learning.
Organization is important. Get a good calendar and map out not only when things are due, but also when you will work on them.