Dr. Dawn Worman Instructor
"Learning is like an athletic endeavor. Your coach cannot play the game for you. As a student you must follow directions and practice on your own or you will get very little from your education."
- DNP — University of Southern Indiana, 2017
- MSN in Nursing Education — University of Southern Indiana, 2010
- BSN — University of Southern Indiana, 2007
- ASN — Pima Community College, 1992
24 years of nursing experience including cardiac, heart failure, pulmonary, inpatient, outpatient, health promotion, transitional care, change management, and nursing leadership.
- Two American Nurse's Credentialing Center (ANCC) Specialty Certifications:
- Cardiac Vascular Nursing (RN-BC)
- Nurse Executive (NE-BC)
- DNP Capstone Project focused on heart failure, COPD, transitional care, community resources, and patient perception of self-management support
In which online program do you teach? RN to BSN
Why did you start teaching?
I always enjoyed having nursing students with me while working on the units and during my nursing leadership position. The students were eager to learn and seemed to feel comfortable in my presence. I chose to complete my master's degree in nursing education (as opposed to other specialty areas), because I had a passion to teach. The opportunity to teach full time presented itself in 2013 and it has been a great career change for me.